By David Pogue
What makes home windows refugees choose to get a Mac? Enthusiastic buddies? The Apple shops? Great-looking laptops? A "halo effect" from the recognition of iPhones and iPads? The absence of viruses and spy ware? the liberty to run home windows on a Mac? at least, there’s by no means been a greater time to change to OS X—and there’s by no means been a greater, extra authoritative e-book that can assist you do it.
The very important things you have to know:
• Transfer your stuff. relocating documents from a computer to a Mac by means of cable, community, or disk is the straightforward half. yet how do you extract your e-mail, tackle booklet, calendar, net bookmarks, blood brother record, computing device photographs, and MP3 documents? Now you’ll know.
• Recreate your software program suite. a number of the computing device courses you’ve been utilizing are Windows-only. notice the Mac equivalents and the right way to stream facts to them.
• Learn Yosemite. Apple’s most recent working approach is quicker, smarter, and extra in music with iPads and iPhones. If Yosemite has it, this ebook covers it.
• Get the specialist view. examine from lacking Manuals author David Pogue—author of OS X Yosemite: The lacking Manual, the number 1 bestselling Mac publication in the world.
Read or Download Switching to the Mac: The Missing Manual (Yosemite Edition) PDF
Similar computers books
This useful advisor deals a quick direction on scaling CouchDB to fulfill the capability wishes of your dispensed program. via a sequence of scenario-based examples, this publication helps you to discover a number of equipment for making a process which could accommodate development and meet anticipated call for. within the strategy, you find out about numerous instruments which may assist you with replication, load balancing, clusters, and cargo trying out and tracking.
This e-book constitutes the refereed court cases of the sixth overseas convention on belief and privateness in electronic company, TrustBus 2009, held in Linz, Austria, in September 2009 along side DEXA 2009. The sixteen revised complete papers offered have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from a variety of submissions.
This step by step instructional makes use of a pleasant, conversational, and non-condescending method of educate readers the fundamentals of Adobe Illustrator. The book's tone is one among a instructor sitting with you explaining easy methods to use this system. With examples from either the Macintosh and home windows systems, Sams educate your self Illustrator in 24 Hours covers the subsequent issues and extra: the interface, instruments, and palettes; atmosphere personal tastes; drawing and enhancing items; layers; operating with decisions; Bezier paths; and mask, adjustments and colour.
- EIGRP White Papers
- Beginning iOS 9 Programming with Swift
- Skype Me!: From Single User to Small Enterprise and Beyond
- C++ For Mathematicians An Introduction For Students And Professionals
Extra resources for Switching to the Mac: The Missing Manual (Yosemite Edition)
Close Minimize Full-Screen Mode Folder proxy icon Toolbar Title Bar When several windows are open, the darkened window name and colorful upper-left controls tell you which window is active (in front). Windows in the background have gray, dimmed lettering and gray upper-left control buttons. As in Windows, the title bar also acts as a handle that lets you move the entire window around on the screen. Tip: Here’s a nifty keyboard shortcut with no Windows equivalent: You can cycle through the different open windows in one program without using the mouse.
It’s exactly like minimizing a window in Windows, except that the window is now represented by a Dock icon rather than a taskbar button (Figure 1-11). To bring the window back to full size, click the newly created Dock icon. See Chapter 2 for more on the Dock. Tip: You actually have a bigger target than the tiny Minimize button. The entire title bar is a giant Minimize button when you double-click anywhere on it. Or just press c-M for Minimize. Figure 1-11: Clicking the Minimize button sends a window scurrying down to the Dock, collapsing in on itself as though being forced through a tiny, invisible funnel.
In many situations, keyboard shortcuts that involve the Alt key in Windows use the Option key on the Mac. For example, in Microsoft Word, the keyboard shortcut for the Split Document Window command is Alt+Ctrl+S in Windows, but Option-c-T on the Macintosh. Still, these two keys aren’t exactly the same. Whereas the Alt key’s most popular function is to control the menus in Windows programs, the Option key on the Mac is a “miscellaneous” key that triggers secret functions and special characters. For example, when you hold down the Option key as you click the Close or Minimize button on a Macintosh window, you close or minimize all open windows in that program.