By Hendrik Richter, Sebastian Löhmann, Alexander Wiethoff (auth.), David V. Keyson, Mary Lou Maher, Norbert Streitz, Adrian Cheok, Juan Carlos Augusto, Reiner Wichert, Gwenn Englebienne, Hamid Aghajan, Ben J. A. Kröse (eds.)
This e-book constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the second one overseas Joint convention on Ambient Intelligence, AmI 2011, held in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, in November 2011.
The fifty eight revised complete papers provided have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from a variety of submissions. The papers conceal a variety of issues corresponding to haptic interfaces, clever sensing, clever environments, novel interplay applied sciences, affecting human behaviour, privateness and belief, panorama and ambient assisted living.
Read Online or Download Ambient Intelligence: Second International Joint Conference on AmI 2011, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, November 16-18, 2011. Proceedings PDF
Similar international books
Even if progressing rather well during the last years, the layout standards for bored and auger piles are nonetheless no longer totally below keep an eye on and in applicable synergism with the true pile starting place behaviour. even though there was loads of study some time past years around the globe on deep origin engineering, the robust and aggressive industry has completely favorized the ingenuity of the contractor’s international.
ITS 2000 is the 5th foreign convention on clever Tutoring platforms. The previous meetings have been geared up in Montreal in 1988, 1992, and 1996. those meetings have been so strongly supported by way of the overseas group that it used to be made up our minds to carry them each years. ITS’98 used to be equipped via Carol Redfield and Valerie Shute and held in San Antonio, Texas.
Participants to this convention have proven the wide variety of lively and passive sunlight heating platforms that have been researched, put in and monitored in recent times all through western Europe and in other places. but a lot continues to be performed if sun heating is to arrive its complete capability. The convention Committee hopes that this list of the court cases will supply a foundation for the extra improvement of those structures.
- Incentives for Research, Development, and Innovation in Pharmaceuticals
- Formal Argumentation First International Workshop on Theory and Application, Tafa 2011, Barcelona, Spain, July 16-17, 2011, Revised Selected Papers
- CONCUR 2009 - Concurrency Theory: 20th International Conference, CONCUR 2009, Bologna, Italy, September 1-4, 2009. Proceedings
- Toward an International Virtual Observatory: Proceedings of the ESO/ESA/NASA/NSF Conference Held at Garching, Germany, 10-14 June 2002
- Memory & Oblivion: Proceedings of the XXIXth International Congress of the History of Art held in Amsterdam, 1–7 September 1996
Additional info for Ambient Intelligence: Second International Joint Conference on AmI 2011, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, November 16-18, 2011. Proceedings
A system using RFIDs could be one solution, but since the propagation distance is quite short a lot of RFID tags would be needed to construct a suitable positioning system over a wide area. 1 1 10 100 Positioning range [m] Fig. 1. Categories of indoor positioning systems Positioning systems based on the use of ultrasonic signals seem to be a promising alternative. Conventional systems are usually based on the principle of trilateration , in which, the distance between two points is measured by the difference in propagation time of radio signals and ultrasonic signals .
1. shows the process ﬂowchart of the proposed system. Images of a tabletop display are captured by a camera mounted high over the table. The system estimates the positions of an object placed on a table, a user’s ﬁngertip, and an e-book device. From the captured images, the system also estimates the state of the ﬁngertip by recognizing pressing gestures and the relationship of the e-book device and the object on the table. Using this information, the system interacts with the user by updating the table-top display and communicating with the e-book device.
However, the study would mainly result in a rating of diﬀerent IVIS in relation to their distraction level, a comparison with a baseline in-car distraction was considered as more promising in a ﬁrst step. A standard driving task without performing any secondary task was deﬁned as a baseline (no IVIS distraction) for comparison. The distraction caused by the three physical tasks (coin, tissue, candy) was determined as a second baseline for in-car distraction to be compared with the distraction of the secondary interaction tasks.